Time to Blossom - Best of Spring Season 2022
Best of Season competition Spring 2022 Winners are here!
The creations have been judged by a panel of judges and you have voted for the most popular creation!
"The current pandemic has caused fears in everyone’s heart. We worry for our loved ones and our dear friends. No winter lasts forever, no spring skip it’s turn. Hence I created this pendant to allow the user to feel as if he/she is opening the window and sees the beauty of spring, flower blossoming and birds are chirping. There will be light at the end of the tunnel. We cannot lose hope and I’m sure with us working together, we will get through this pandemic together. Spring will come and so will happiness and love. Life will get warmer." Alex Wong
"The Purple Blossom Necklace comes with a beautiful burst of colours from Amethyst, Morganite and Thulite beads framing a unique ceramic flower pendant. This necklace aims to bring peace and joy to anyone who wears it. Feel all the stress leave your body, the past goes away and look towards a brand new beginning!" Sharon Tan
"Blossom like this pair of gorgeous Baroque Edison Pearl Lily Pad Earrings in springtime, waiting to bloom into lilies" Fern Ong
Congratulations to the winners and thank you for all the contestants!
What is the competition about?
The Creative Jewellery Studio sponsored this distinct contest to highlight the broad range of skills, methodologies and design aesthetics that represent Creative Jewellery Studio members and JDMIS Alumni.
Best of Season competition is conducted once a season - Spring, Summer and Winter - aiming to inspire and empower the creativity of our members. This time the competition theme was "Time to Blossom" - celebrating the season of spring.
21 spectacular creations were submitted using varied techniques of fine, fashion, new metal and traditional metalsmithing, taking a chance in winning and selling the jewellery creations. The pieces are exhibited at CJS boutique and available for sale until Mar 31st.
The winners were announced on Mar 21st. They won all the fame and accolades!
- Theme of the competition: Time to Blossom / Best of Spring
- Type of jewellery fabrication technique to be applied: Any
- Competition is open to Creative Jewellery Studion members
- Contestants are allowed to submit up to three competition pieces. Each submission requires separate registration.
- Organisers are allowed to take part in the competition.
- All submitted jewellery pieces must be the original work designed/created by the participant.
- Contestants can use any materials.
- The method used for fabrications of the jewellery pieces must be techniques taught and learnt at JDMIS.
- All submissions of competition pieces are to be in physical form.
- Each entry must be submitted with a product write-up and photos.
- Judging to be conducted by an objective panel of judges and anonymous student feedback. The pieces will be pre-judged on: 1) adherence to the theme; and 2) workmanship; and anonymous final judging: top 3 in terms of creativity & aesthetic appeal.
- CJS reserves the rights on the final decision of all the winning entries and the prizes offered to winners of the competition.
- CJS reserves the rights to disqualify pieces submitted which do not follow the criteria for the contest
- All competition pieces are eligible for sales at CJS.
More competitions on your way! Stay tuned!